Roasting soy nuts is a simple and quick process that can enhance their nutty flavor and make them crispy. Here is a basic method for roasting soy nuts:
- Raw soy nuts
- Salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Rinse the soy nuts with water and drain them thoroughly. Pat them dry with a clean towel or paper towel.
- Spread the soy nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- If desired, sprinkle some salt over the soy nuts.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast the soy nuts for about 10-15 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy. Check them regularly to prevent burning.
- Once done, remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the soy nuts cool down to room temperature.
Roasted soy nuts can be used in a variety of dishes, such as salads, trail mix, and other recipes. They can also be enjoyed as a snack on their own or mixed with other nuts and seeds. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to several weeks.