Roasting raw nuts in the oven is a simple process that can enhance their flavor and texture. Here is a basic method for roasting raw nuts in the oven:
- Raw nuts of your choice (such as almonds, cashews, peanuts, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- Salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spread the raw nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast the nuts for about 10-15 minutes, stirring them every 5-7 minutes. The nuts should turn light golden brown and have a fragrant aroma when done.
- Once done, remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the nuts cool down to room temperature.
- If desired, sprinkle some salt on the roasted nuts and mix well.
Roasted nuts can be enjoyed as a snack on their own or mixed with other nuts and seeds. They can also be used in a variety of recipes, such as salads, trail mix, and other dishes. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to several weeks.