Roasting pecans in the oven is an easy way to enhance their natural flavor and bring out their crunchiness. Here's how to roast pecans in the oven:
- 1 pound of raw pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter or oil (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spread the pecan halves in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the melted butter or oil over the pecans and toss to coat them evenly. This step is optional but can enhance the flavor and texture of the pecans.
- Sprinkle the salt over the pecans if desired.
- Roast the pecans in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are fragrant and lightly toasted.
- Check the pecans frequently as they can burn quickly.
- Once the pecans are roasted, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the roasted pecans warm or at room temperature.
Roasting pecans in the oven is a simple and delicious way to enjoy this nutritious nut. You can use roasted pecans in a variety of dishes, including salads, trail mixes, and baked goods, or enjoy them as a snack on their own.