Roasting nuts in the shell can be a bit tricky as the shell acts as a barrier and can make it difficult to monitor the roasting process. Here are the general steps to roast nuts in the shell:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spread the nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Make sure the nuts are clean and free from any debris.
- Roast the nuts for 10-15 minutes, depending on the type of nut and the desired level of roasting. Check the nuts frequently and stir them around occasionally to ensure even roasting.
- Remove the nuts from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes.
- Crack open the shells using a nutcracker or a similar tool. Remove the nuts from the shells and discard the shells.