Roasting nuts in their shells in the oven can be a bit trickier than roasting shelled nuts, but it can be done. Here's how to roast nuts in their shells in the oven:
- Raw nuts in their shells (such as almonds, pistachios, or walnuts)
- Salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spread the nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. If you're roasting different types of nuts, you may want to use separate baking sheets for each type.
- Sprinkle salt over the nuts, if desired.
- Roast the nuts in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on the type of nut and the size of the nut. Keep a close eye on the nuts and check them frequently to make sure they don't burn.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the nuts to cool for a few minutes.
- Crack open the shells and enjoy the roasted nuts.
Roasting nuts in their shells can be a bit more challenging than roasting shelled nuts, as the shells can make it more difficult to tell when the nuts are done. However, with a bit of practice and patience, you can achieve delicious results. Roasted nuts in their shells make a great snack or addition to trail mix.