Roasting honey nut squash is a simple and delicious way to enjoy this sweet and nutty vegetable. Here's a basic recipe to get you started:
- 1 honey nut squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Cut the honey nut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and stringy flesh using a spoon.
- Slice the squash into 1/2-inch-thick pieces and place them in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the squash slices, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the squash slices to coat them evenly with the oil and seasoning.
- Roast the squash in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned on the edges.
- Serve the roasted honey nut squash hot as a side dish or use it as a base for a grain bowl or salad.
You can also experiment with different seasonings, such as garlic powder, smoked paprika, or cumin, to give your roasted honey nut squash a unique flavor profile. Enjoy!