Roasting hazelnuts at home is a simple process that can be done in an oven. Here are the steps to roast hazelnuts:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spread the hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast the nuts for 12-15 minutes, stirring them halfway through, until they turn golden brown and fragrant.
- Remove the nuts from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Rub the hazelnuts with a clean kitchen towel or place them in a plastic bag and shake them to remove the skins.
Roasted hazelnuts can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a month or in the freezer for up to six months.