Roasting ginkgo nuts is a simple process that involves a few basic steps. Here's how to do it in the oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Rinse the ginkgo nuts in water and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Use a nutcracker to crack the outer shell of the ginkgo nut.
- Remove the inner seed from the shell.
- Spread the shelled ginkgo nuts out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast the ginkgo nuts in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the ginkgo nuts to cool completely.
- Once cooled, the roasted ginkgo nuts are ready to eat or can be used in your favorite recipes.
Note: Ginkgo nuts have a fleshy coating that can be toxic, so it's important to wear gloves or use utensils when handling them to avoid skin irritation. Also, some people may be allergic to ginkgo nuts, so be sure to check with your doctor if you have any concerns.