To roast cashew nuts, you can follow these simple steps:
- Raw cashew nuts
- Salt (optional)
- Cooking oil (such as coconut oil, olive oil, or avocado oil)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Spread the raw cashew nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet or shallow roasting pan.
- Drizzle a small amount of oil over the cashews and toss them gently to coat evenly. You want just enough oil to lightly coat the nuts, but not so much that they become greasy.
- If desired, sprinkle salt over the nuts to taste. Use a fine-grain salt or grind larger salt crystals into a finer texture for better adherence to the nuts.
- Toss the nuts again until evenly coated with the salt and oil.
- Roast the nuts in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, stirring or shaking the pan every few minutes to ensure even cooking. Keep an eye on the nuts to prevent burning.
- Once the cashews are golden brown and fragrant, remove the pan from the oven and let the nuts cool for a few minutes.
- Once the nuts are cool enough to handle, store them in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
Roasted cashew nuts can be enjoyed as a snack, added to trail mix, or used in a variety of recipes, such as salads, stir-fries, or baked goods.