Here's a simple vegan nut roast recipe:
- 1 cup of mixed nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts)
- 1 cup of cooked lentils
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs (gluten-free if desired)
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed mixed with 4 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Place the mixed nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer the nuts to a mixing bowl.
- Add the cooked lentils, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast, flaxseed mixture, tomato paste, olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the nuts.
- Mix well until everything is evenly combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf pan and press it down firmly.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Let it cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your vegan nut roast!