Here's a recipe for making cashew nut roast:
- 1 cup of raw cashews, soaked in water for 2-3 hours
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs (you can use gluten-free breadcrumbs if needed)
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and lightly grease a loaf pan with olive oil.
- Drain the soaked cashews and place them in a food processor. Pulse until the cashews are finely chopped, but not completely smooth.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the chopped onion and sauté until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the grated carrot and zucchini to the skillet and cook for a few more minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped cashews, sautéed vegetables, breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast, olive oil, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the greased loaf pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the edges are crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your delicious cashew nut roast!