Here is a simple nut roast recipe:
- 2 cups mixed nuts (such as walnuts, almonds, and cashews)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Spread the nuts on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until lightly toasted.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, mushrooms, olive oil, parsley, thyme, and rosemary. Add the toasted nuts and mix well.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl and add them to the nut mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease a loaf pan and transfer the nut mixture to it. Press the mixture down firmly to create an even surface.
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes, until the nut roast is golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Let the nut roast cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.